Richard G. Fontana
Richard G. Fontana is focused on client satisfaction.
For over thirty-five years, Richard G. Fontana has obtained the experience and knowledge necessary to assist clients with legal issues and problems in real estate, construction projects, accidents, injuries and estate matters. His representation will make a difference. You will receive personal attention in all civil matters.
As a New York accident and personal injury lawyer, Mr. Fontana has established a reputation for results in helping people with serious injuries. From auto, construction and slip-and-fall accidents to negligence, defective products, medical and dental malpractice, and wrongful death he has a proven record of recovering the maximum financial compensation for clients’ losses. He is dedicated to obtaining the highest monetary awards and settlements. Every case is prepared with the medical knowledge and formation and the expert testimony necessary for a successful conclusion.
This is a lawyer you can talk to, and a lawyer who listens. He will roll up his sleeves and go to work for you. He will personally handle your matter from the beginning to its successful conclusion. Consultations are free, confidential and at your convenience – home or office visits will be made. Professional fees are fair and reasonable. All accidents cases are handled on a contingency fee basis so that there is no fee for professional services unless there has been a recovery for you.
1970, New York, U.S. District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of New York and U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 1969
Manhattan College, B.A., English, with honors, 1966
- Westchester County and New York State Bar Associations
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Yonkers Lawyers Association
- Chair: Federal Practice Committee, Westchester County Bar Association, 1984-1986
- Biography: Senior Law Clerk, U.S. District Court Judge, Southern District of New York, 1971-1974. Fordham Law Review, 1968-1969. Manhattan College Honor Society, 1966.
Italian & Spanish.
- Sale of retail business with three year payout, note, guarantees and security.
- All trade, G.C. and AIA contracts for a $3.3 million new home on Orienta Point, Mamaroneck, New York.
- Multiple mechanic liens and collection of money due to tradesmen, including one claim for
- $300,000.00 for work, labor and services from an estate.
- $1,500,000 for construction worker’s fall from an unsafe ladder
- $1,200,000 sale of Bronx apartment Building and 1031 exchange
- $200,000 for breach of life insurance contract
- $395,000 for auto accident, 2006
- Establishment of an easement by adverse use
- Breach of contract, sale of goods by European importer
- Member Board of Trustees, St. John’s Riverside Hospital, Yonkers N.Y.
- Volunteer Attorney, Riverside Healthcare System
- Ethics Committee, St. Johns Riverside Hospital, Yonkers N.Y.
- Chairman, Board of Trustees, St. Johns Riverside Hospital, Yonkers N.Y.
- President of Parish Counsel, IHM, Scarsdale N.Y.
- Chairman, Board of Trustees, Family Service Society, Yonkers, N.Y.
- Trustee, Work-Link, Yonkers, N.Y.
- Co-President, Scarsdale Summer Theatre
- President of Parish Counsel, St. Paul’s, Yonkers
- Member, Yonkers Rotary